Objective of a form release:
- To break the bond between the form & the concrete
- Not add, nor subtract, anything from the concrete
- Prolong the life of the forms by reducing the required cleaning
- Reduces the surface tension at the form interface, allowing air to migrate upward helping to reduce the bug holes
- 3 basic types of release:
- Reactive Release … use fatty acids that produce a chemical reaction when in contact with alkali (concrete) that produces a soap like residue.
- Buffered Release … not as chemically reactive & more ‘forgiving’ if over applied
- Barrier Release … no fatty acids, no reaction, no ‘soap’
J-1-A Clean Strip: Release Agent: it's a V.O.C. compliant, economical petroleum based, chemically reactive concrete form release supplied ready-to-use.
|Guide to Form Releases|